Are you tired of trying constantly repositioning the angle of your ipad, ipad 2 or iphone to prevent busy bodies from seeing what you are doing? Traveling in tight quarters like a car or airplane and don’t want casual snoops eying your activities? If you answered yes to either of these questions you are in the market for screen privacy protection options.
Factors to consider when purchasing screen privacy protection
- Privacy films help reduce unwanted glare on your device
- Privacy films/screens will make your screen appear darker. If you prefer a very bright screen your options are more limited and you will have to sacrifice some of the privacy benefits as a result
- If you read a lot of books you may need to turn your device brightness levels up to compensate for using the privacy screen
- The thickness and quality of the film used in the product will be a major factor in how private your device will be to those around you.
- 4way protection is preferred over 2way protection to provide protection at the various possible angles. 4way protection will typically be more expensive to reflect this additional privacy protection.
Note for all the products listed below, I have read through various product reviews and only included products that were noted to be of high quality and free from excessive negative reviews.
Screen privacy options for the iPad 2
GumDrop Drop Series Cases – These top rated cases are well loved and well rated by a large number of consumers. Provides protection against breakage and screen protection so is a nice all in one solution and the top choice to stylishly protect your device. Available in a lot of cool styles including:
KHOMO Privacy 4 Way Screen Protector – Purchaser’s of this protective film noted the ease of installation and the thickness of the film as overall benefits to the product.
3M Privacy Screen Protector for iPad 2 – This device is new so it does not yet have any reviews by 3M is a trusted brand known for making high quality products which makes this a top option.
Privacy Screen Cover for iPad 2 (Brookstone) – Is new so does not yet have reviews but I have always been happy with any Brookstone purchases so have no remorse in including this option on the list.
Screen privacy options for the iPad
3M Privacy Screen Protector – This device is new so it does not yet have any reviews by 3M is a trusted brand known for making high quality products which makes this a top option.
Splash 3 pack screen protector films – This 3 pack is at the very low end of the price spectrum but is well rated and is designed to be a more replaceable version of screen protection.
Screen privacy options for the iPhone
GumDrop Drop Series Cases – These top rated cases are available for the iPhone as well and come in a variety of cool styles.
Phone Devil Screen Protector -Nice well rated option that I believe is a small cut below the GumDrop line.
I will continue to keep this list up to date to reflect user experience on the newer products. I am especially eager to see how the 3M products are received since they are quite new and a leading authority in the space.